Marigal Gardens Expansion
Proposal to initiate Stage 3 of the Marigal Gardens retirement village, Block 4 Section 239 Kambah (Corner of Snodgrass Cres and O’Halloran Cir)
This webpage is providing information and seeking feedback on the above proposal as part of a Pre-DA consultation.
Interested parties are invited to make comments on the proposal as appropriate by:
- Making a submission via the Have Your Say form below
- Contacting us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attending our information display on Friday 2nd November between 5:00pm and 7:00pm at Villa 38 Marigal Gardens off Snodgrass Street.
A second round of Pre-DA consultation will also be held on 22nd November, which will include the final designs; at Villa 38 Marigal Gardens off Snodgrass Street (limited parking onsite please park on Snodgrass street);
Hindmarsh, the developer and operator of Marigal Gardens is seeking to initiate Stage 3 of the Marigal Gardens Retirement Village in Kambah.
The proposed development will include:
- New residential apartments for retirement living (up to 79 units depending on final design)
- Building heights of 4-5 level
- High quality landscaped open spaces
- Basement parking
- Vehicle access/egress from the existing driveway off Snodgrass Crescent, as well as a new driveway access off O’Halloran Circuit
Final stage of the Marigal Gardens Retirement Village
Provides accommodation for residents of Kambah and the wider Tuggeranong area to remain in the community as they age
Suitable for older residents seeking to downsize
Creates retirement living opportunity with easy access to parks, shops and public transport.
Buildings occupy a pleasant landscape setting
Existing on-site amenities including Leisure Centre and Community Gardens
Minimal impact on adjacent areas
Location of former Primary School
This development is currently in design and pre-DA consultation stage, the expected timeline for this development is as follows:
October 2018: Analysis of Design proposals
November 2018: Design selection and initial Pre-DA consultation
22nd November 2018: Detailed design and 2nd round of Pre-DA consultation
Early 2019: DA lodgement and public notification (on ACT government website)
Mid 2019: Development approval
Mid-Late 2019: Commence Construction
2020: Occupancy from
Hindmarsh has conducted a design competition for the project and has shortlisted two proposals for further consideration, links to details about the designs are available below: