Section 96 CITY - Amended development application
CANBERRA CENTRE SECTION 96 – AMENDED DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION
Buchan is proposing to lodge plans to amend an approved development on Section 96 City – the surface car park bounded by Cooyong St, Scotts crossing, Narellan St and Genge St.
The development will include offices, shops, hotel, serviced apartments and landscaped open spaces. The amended plans show a total development that is substantially smaller than the approved scheme, and include closure of Scotts Crossing and Narellan Street to through traffic to create a larger landscaped pedestrian precinct.
These plans were also provided as part of a public notification by ACTPLA in November 2019 as part of a Basement Development Application for the same site. The original plans were notified by ACTPLA is 2017.
The project will generate substantial employment during and post the construction phase, create a new vibrant pedestrian focused city precinct, and will support other businesses in the local area.
KEY ELEMENTS INCLUDE
- 5 separate structures above a single storey podium
- Land use mix to include: offices; shops; services; hotel; serviced apartments & landscaped open spaces
- Basement parking (refer separate DA) with access via Cooyong St and Narellan St
The proposed development will be lodged with ACTPLA for assessment as a DA Amendment after consideration by the National Capital Design Review Panel. The DA Amendment may be subject to notification by ACTPLA for public comment once lodged by QIC.
The proposed development will have the following benefits:
- Revitalisation of city centre consistent with Government policy
- Exciting urban design outcomes
- An increase in mixed use development
- An increase in commercial accommodation
- Basement parking
- Boutique retailing at ground level with emphasis on market style food
- Active street frontages
- New piazza and landscaped pedestrian spaces along Narellan St, Scotts Crossing and Cooyong St
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION NO. 201630592
FLY THROUGH BELOW