BLOCK 7 SECTION 20 BRADDON (42 MORT STREET)
Purdon Planning are currently undertaking community consultation on behalf of Core Developments who are the Proponent of a development proposal at 42 Mort Street, Braddon (subject site).
The site currently contains a two-storey commercial building which is proposed to be demolished in place of a 6-storey mixed use development including basement.
The ground and first floors of the building will be dedicated to commercial based land uses with the upper levels will be dedicated to residential units. Units will be a mix of Studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.
As part of the DA, we will be seeking a lease variation to permit residential use as well as the following commercial uses:
- Indoor recreation facility (e.g gym)
Non-retail commercial use (e.g office, financial establishment, business agency, public agency)
- Residential use
- Community use (e.g childcare centre, educational facility, health facility)
- Shop (eg café, take-away, hair saloon)
- Drink establishment
Features of the development include
- Activated commercial ground and first floor levels
- Residential units from second level
- 3 levels of basement car parking
- Central void to maximise lighting and ventilation through units and commercial spaces
- Retention of all street trees
- Visually interesting and highly articulated façade to create visual amenity and add the interesting mix of developments within Braddon
- Architecture by JUDD Studio – the architect behind many exemplar buildings in Braddon including Nibu, Ori, Yamaroshi, Palko and Branx.
Once completed, the project will provide residential accommodation in a prominent and lively location that is close to the light rail corridor and City bus interchange, is a short distance from the major employment centre and other community amenities like shops, gyms, medical facilities and restaurants.
Download the plans:
Purdon Planning is aiming to lodge a DA for this proposal by October 2019. The timeframe for issue of development approval is unknown at this point. However, Purdon Planning will endeavour to update this webpage with project updates regularly.
Purdon Planning will be undertaking community consultation on behalf of the Proponent over the next month.
Two drop-in-sessions will occur at the office of Purdon Planning in Braddon. Details of the sessions are as follows:
Thursday 19 September 2019 between 12.00-2.00pm and 4.30-6.30 pm.
Purdon Planning – Cooyong Centre, Unit 4, 1 Torrens Street, Braddon (entry next to BP).
If accessible entry is required (lift), please use the main building entry at the corner of Cooyong & Torrens Street. Our office is located at Level 1.
Comments can be provided via the below ‘Have Your Say’ button or via:
6257 1511 or to email@example.com