At Purdon Planning we are dedicated to developing and supporting our staff, enabling them to collaborate on some of the most diverse and exciting projects in Canberra and surrounding regions.
We value our team and are committed to providing a engaging, challenging and diverse space to work in.
WORK WITH US
The Purdon Planning team are always keen to hear from dedicated and talented individuals. If you wish to be considered for future opportunities and projects please submit a copy of your resume and portfolio of your recent work.
Urban Planner POsition
Purdon Planning has been a key contributor to the Canberra landscape for over 30 years providing planning advice and guidance for clients regarding multi-million dollar developments landmark properties and key strategic planning projects.
These projects have included site selection studies, development feasibility assessments, Environmental Impact Assessments, concept Master Plans, complex Development Applications and Works Approvals to name a few.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Urban Planner to be a part of our passionate, engaging and growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a diverse range of projects and will be a key contributor to the ongoing growth and development of our business.
You will be a motivated and dedicated self- starter, who enjoys a challenge and is keen to build on our strengths as Canberra’s most established and collaborative firm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple projects, including community consultations, Master Planning, strategic and urban planning advice and statutory planning.
- Ensuring projects align with Purdon Planning goals and marketability.
- Providing guidance and direction for staff on multiple levels including project management, fee proposals and client management.
- Developing ongoing and effective relationships within professional and peak government bodies.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of Territory/State and/or Commonwealth planning processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consultative, interpersonal, report writing and negotiation skills.
- A degree in Urban Planning or relevant equivalent is highly desirable with established industry experience.
Why Join Us:
- The office is conveniently located in central Canberra close to public transport.
- Opportunities are available for career development and advancement.
- The chance to work within a collaborative and cohesive environment.
- Work with a small team with a hands-on focus.
How to Apply:
Please send through your CV and Cover Letter to Merissa Devine at firstname.lastname@example.org