Community and Agency Engagement
Purdon Planning has undertaken a wide range of stakeholder and community consultations in the ACT, other parts of Australia and overseas. This represents a core business activity for the company involving direct participation by Directors and senior staff.
Purdon’s have used a variety of consultative mechanisms over time including public presentations, stakeholder meetings, workshops, focus groups, static and staffed displays, letter-box drops, newsletters, media releases, web page, telephone and mail-back surveys.
Our general approach to consultations include:
- strategic advice to clients on the type and scope of consultations appropriate for projects
- identification of relevant stakeholders
- stakeholder liaison and communications to encourage participation in appropriate forums
- client reporting and participant
Key principles adopted by Purdon’s in our consultation activities include:
- an inclusive approach to consultations
- provision of information
- open, participatory