Block 2 Section 57 Greenway is located within the Tuggeranong Town Centre and is bounded by Anketell Street, Reed Street and Limburg Way.
The proponent, Simunic Brothers No 3 Pty Ltd, has engaged Purdon to undertake a Pre-DA community consultation in relation to Stage 2 of Guilfoyle House Precinct redevelopment.
The redevelopment is for stage 2 only, which includes the construction of a 7-storey building containing 68 serviced apartments, associated with 3 levels of basement car parking.
The serviced apartments will be a mix of studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom layouts with associated private open spaces.
Vehicle access is through an internal driveway off Anketell Street, pedestrian access is provided from internal pedestrian area and connects with the Stage 1 building to enhance pedestrian permeability.
In considering adjoining residential development on Block 4, the right-of-way easement to the southeast provides generous separation with at least 20 metres distance between the proposed building and the existing residential building on Block 4. Such separation obstructs direct sightlines into the nearby residences and is intended to provide a reasonable level of privacy for the occupants on site and on adjoining blocks. In addition, the separation distance also provides the opportunity to maximise solar access and minimise overshadowing while providing spaces for landscaping.
Open space is proposed at grade with landscaped elements complementing the open space. Tree & mass planting within deep soil zone is proposed.
The Proposal was presented to the National Capital Design Review Panel (NCDRP) as part of the Master Plan in 2020 and the Secretariat considers that the proposal does not warrant further review as the extent of design changes are incremental in nature. The built form and configuration have continued to be developed and guided by the NCDRP’s feedback.
The subject site is located within CZ2 – Business Zone, which permits the proposed serviced apartment (under the umbrella term of Commercial Accommodation Use).
While the details of the design are still being finalised, the overall concept is considered to be consistent with the various applicable Territory Plan Codes. The relevant Codes include the Greenway Precinct Code, Commercial Zones Development Code, and the general codes where applicable.
As detailed below the proposal responds well to the overall objectives of the CZ2 Business Zone, which are to:
- Provide for office and business sites that are accessible to public transport and convenience retailing and services
- Provide a diverse range of accommodation sizes and locations for offices close to the retail core
- Encourage provision of convenient outlets for goods, services and facilities to meet the needs of the workforce
- Create vibrant lively pedestrian routes and public spaces
- Ensure a high quality urban environment through use of sustainable design and materials and maintain a high level of amenity for employees and the public
- Promote active living and active travel
- Provide a high quality public realm by facilitating active uses on ground floor level that connects with the wider open space, pedestrian and cycle networks to promote active travel and active living.
- Encourage an attractive, safe, well-lit, and connected pedestrian environment with convenient access to public transport
Plans are available for download via the below link. Please note that these plans are a work in progress and may be subject to minor changes following this consultation process and through the detailed design development stage.
Purdon is aiming to lodge a DA for this proposal by the end of 2022. Construction works related to the construction of new buildings will begin once approval has been granted.
Opportunities for Community Input/Feedback
Purdon Planning will be undertaking community consultation on behalf of the Proponent, commencing Monday 28 November until Monday 12 December 2022.
We will hold two online information sessions as follows.
Online Session 1:
- Monday 5 December 2022, commencing at 5:30 pm via Teams
Online Session 2:
- Wednesday 7 December 2022 commencing at 5:30 pm via Teams
Please register your interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, a meeting link to the session will be emailed to you the day prior to the session.
The project team will also be contacting various community groups to ensure their members and other interested persons have the opportunity to provide comments prior to the lodgement of a Development Application.
If you would like further information or wish to discuss the Proposal, please do not hesitate to contact Purdon on:
(02) 6257 1511
Or use the ‘have your say’ form below to provide comments.